To help you optimize your SEO strategy, we present 20 SEO statistics and Google search results along with relevant infographics so you can make the most of them for your website.
1. 81,000 searches per second on Google
2. 50% of queries on Google consist of 4 or more words
3.67% of clicks on the SERPs lead to the first 5 organic results
4. CTR 34.36% for the first position on Google
5. Google’s algorithm is updated more than 3,234 times a year.
6.12% of queries on Google return the featured snippet
7. 70-80% of users ignore paid search results (ads), with a focus on organic results
8. 91% of young consumers trust online opinions
9. Google uses more than 200 factors to rank websites.
10. First-page content on average contains 1890 words.
11. On average, long content received 77.2% more backlinks (links) than short articles.
12. 25% of small business websites don’t have an H1 tag
13. In 2018, Google Image accounted for 22.6% of all internet searches.
14.72% of internet users use voice search
15. 52% of global traffic comes from mobile devices
16.88% of consumers looking for a local business on a mobile device will call or visit a business within 24 hours.
17.76% of people end up visiting a store after seeing it on Google My Business
18. There has been an increase of more than 200% for the query “Where to buy” + “near me”
19. 87% of smartphone users use a search engine at least once a day
20. 40% of website visitors using their smartphones will leave the site if the loading process is more than 3 seconds.